Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello. in return to castle wolfenstein (game) i noticed that some key combinations, like w+left shift+6 don't work. i always push shift+w first and when i push 6, nothing happens. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

some key combinations don't work

hello. in return to castle wolfenstein (game) i noticed that some key combinations, like w+left shift+6 don't work. i always push shift+w first and when i push 6, nothing happens. also, in the game, i tried to bind "interaction" to caps lock but it doesn't seem to recognize it.
    on windows everything works ok.

in xorg.conf, i'm using keyboard layout "si" (slovenian) and keyboard model "logicink" (logitech internet navigator), so that most of the multimedia keys work.

any ideas?

Most keyboards are not able to use all key combinations. The only keys pretty much guaranteed to work in combination with others are shift, ctrl, and alt--which makes them popular keys to use in games.

Keyboards designed for gaming can handle aribitrary key combinations. You may need a new keyboard, or you may be able to assign keys differently.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

Just Joined!
    but i KNOW that my keyboard can handle those combinations because, as i said, on windows it works ok.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand that, the first time.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

assuming you are using wine to run this game for windows, it might be that 3 button keyboard combinations aren't well supported by wine, do any other 3 button combinations work in the game? it could also be a bug in wine itself, cuz right now i'm have a bug in wine 0.9.59 with shift clicking on an item in wow, ie, it doesn't work

Just Joined!
    no i'm using a native port of the game. and all the other combinations seem to work ok, except for the one i wrote above. there might be some other combinations that don't work but i haven't noticed any.