Find the answer to your Linux question:
My monitor that I have had for 10+ years is starting to show it's age. So I need a new one. I would like to get an LCD one. Is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SAMSUNG 2032NW compatible with linux?

My monitor that I have had for 10+ years is starting to show it's age. So I need a new one. I would like to get an LCD one. Is this one compatible with kubuntu linux 7.10(I'm going to upgrade once I get a 500gig hard drive)? Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2032NW high glossy black 20" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 3000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors

Also If that one is not good could you recommend some?

Just Joined!
    Samsung 203NW should work just fine in "Linux".

Personally I'll chose one with DVI input or DVi & D-SUB. It will give you more flexibility if you chose to upgrade you graphic card (most of the new graphic cards come today with two DVI (digital) outputs.

I personally prefer monitors with 4:3 (normal, not wide) aspect ratio for my day to day work.

Now I'm using dual Samsung 204B installation and I'm very pleased with it.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help. I didn't need a wide screen one anyway. Can you suggest some LCD monitors that are about 19" that are under $200?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    My widescreen Samsung works perfectly with Linux, so I see no reason why your new monitor won't work. I finally opted for the widescreen model over the 4:3 and am glad I did it. I suspect that we'll be seeing widescreens consume the market in general, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Enjoy your new monitor, whichever version you go with.
    oz