I posted this in the Debian forums, but so far have gotten no response. Maybe someone here has ideas.

*note: I have had this card running with open suse 10.2 some time ago and encountered and fixed a similar problem.

I recently installed linux from a CD which I had scrawled "Debian" on when I made about a year and a half ago. I just want to work on learning the bash shell and linux a little better and would like to run the terminal and online tutorials side by side. I'm using a Netgear MA401 wireless b card, which has worked with linux before (natively, no drivers to install). The computer is hanging up in boot and giving an error message something like "unexpected irq error at vector 10." I seem to remember that I fixed the irq error in open suse by adding something like "exclude irq 3" to cofig.opts, but I really don't remember all that well. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

PS: I have no access to a wired connection; right now I'm using windows xp pro.

Computer:
Dell Inspiron 4100
Pentium III 600 MHz
256 mb RAM
ATI Radeon Mobility graphics
usb soundcard, burned out onboard sound

I managed to fix the lockup in boot. It was as I remembered.
In terminal:
cd /etc/pcmcia
vim config.opts
exclude irq 3
:wq

Then I restarted, and the computer booted without locking up and recognized the card. However, it is now refusing to accept the WEP key for the network. I think it may be using the wrong driver. I read somewhere that one of the drivers isn't able to use WEP and another is. Any ideas?

I did notice as it was booting a message about defaulting to host encryption as a work around for a bug and something about WEP. WEP is still not working. This is all that cardmgr says:
cardmgr[3509]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0x100-0x3af: Function not implemented
cardmgr[3509]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0x3e0-0x4ff: Function not implemented
cardmgr[3509]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0x820-0x8ff: Function not implemented
cardmgr[3509]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0xc00-0xcf7: Function not implemented
cardmgr[3509]: could not adjust resource: memory 0xc0000-0xfffff: Function not implemented
cardmgr[3509]: could not adjust resource: memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: Function not implemented
cardmgr[3509]: could not adjust resource: memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff: Function not implemented
cardmgr[3509]: could not adjust resource: IO ports 0xa00-0xaff: Function not implemented

I haven't used Linux that much, and I really don't know what to do. I've tried binding a different driver to the card, and that didn't help. This card worked without any problems on a different distro a few months ago. I have since lost the disks and currently have no cd burner, so that Debian disk is all I have. Please help, and if I'm not providing enough info, tell me what you need.