Find the answer to your Linux question:
hai, iam new to this linum forum. I have installed PLX Pci device driver in my pc. OS used : Red Hat 9.0. I have downloaded the PLX SDK from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PCI Device Driver Problem

hai, iam new to this linum forum. I have installed PLX Pci device driver in my pc. OS used : Red Hat 9.0. I have downloaded the PLX SDK from plx web site. compiled it and loaded the linux plx debug module. after 5 to 10 minutes pc gets hanged. i dont know the reason why pc gets hanged. can any one help me.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jayasekar View Post
    hai, iam new to this linum forum. I have installed PLX Pci device driver in my pc. OS used : Red Hat 9.0. I have downloaded the PLX SDK from plx web site. compiled it and loaded the linux plx debug module. after 5 to 10 minutes pc gets hanged. i dont know the reason why pc gets hanged. can any one help me.
    Writing your whole messages in bold letters is not going to help anyone and can be a bit annoying. If the normal style should be bold, then all the fonts would be bold by default, so we must assume you want your post to prevail over everyone else's posts.

Not to the topic: you give exactly zero info about your problem. If you are using a debug module, check it's output. Give us info. Let us know if the same thing happens if you don't load / unload the module. It's hard to figure out something by your post, and it's hard even to figure if plx has something to do at all with your problem.

Describe the symptoms as closely as you can and try to describe your steps. Find any info you can and try to gather some output from the debugger. Only if you give us something we can help, if at all.