Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm going to renew my linux-box, and I want to use two displays... as a programmer, I always want more screen space . I reviewed some graphics cards and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Opinions on GeForce 9600 GT

Hi,

I'm going to renew my linux-box, and I want to use two displays... as a programmer, I always want more screen space . I reviewed some graphics cards and I'm thinking on a GeForce 9600 GT (my current graphic card is nvidia too, and I really like the performance and easy of installation).

Somebody has this card installed? In that case, what's your opinion? What about the use of two displays?

I don't care about use this card in windows or other OS, just linux.

Or maybe other recommendation (in that range of price) of a dual display capable graphic card.

Thanks in advance.

Hugo
    EOF

Hrm, I don't personally have the card...but I do know it's pricey, and if you ask me I don't think you will need that much power, those cards are made for high end games or 3D designing and stuff that require a lot of power.

Linux doesn't need all that, even if you run 2 monitors a bit less powerful card is more than enough. I think what matters more is perhaps a good processor.

Linux Newbie
    I think for dual displays, Radeon HD3450 should be enough. Unless you want to game and run software like Maya, HD3450 should do the job of handling two displays and playing all HD Videos effortlessly.
    A man learns from his experience. A smart man learns from the experience of others, while a smarter man experiences life after knowing other's experiences.

BE THE SMARTER MAN.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by hugortega View Post
    Somebody has this card installed? In that case, what's your opinion? What about the use of two displays?
    I have that card and it works perfectly under Linux. I don't ever run two displays at once so can't answer on that. I gave $100 for it (after rebate) at NewEgg.
    oz