Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a D975XBX2 which I want to put in a new chassis, with the slots for all 8 possible hard drives, without having so many 5.25 slots just being ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help me Find a Computer Case with...

I have a D975XBX2 which I want to put in a new chassis, with the slots for all 8 possible hard drives, without having so many 5.25 slots just being wasted (I only will use one dvd drive and maybe a fan controller). Here is my ideal chassis:

8 x 3.5
    1 or 2 x 5.25
    not open on the sides, just a regular case. clear glass side is ok.
    fan cooled, with plenty of cooling for the drives.
    0 floppy slots

any ideas about this?

Eight is a lot...My own has eight slots combined (4x5.25" and 4x3.5"). A lot of cases allow you to mount 3.5" drives in 5.25" slots with adapters. You may also consider using some of drive suspension kits used for reducing vibration. They also mount 3.5" drives in 5.25" bays.

This case is the nearest I can suggest, if you use two of the 5.25" drives for 3.5".

Komplett.ie - Antec Nine Hundred black miditower, Side panel window (Without PSU)

This one will give you eight 3.5" bays but you get the extra 5.25".

Komplett.ie - Silverstone SST-TJ05S-T E-ATX, Silver, Aluminium Front (Without PSU)

One thing to bear in mind is that the 5.25" drives aren't necessarily for DVD drives and the like. They are a standard mount for all sorts such as monitoring devices and card readers.

Komplett.ie - AeroCool GateWatch 2 Black, 2x5.25" bay, fan/temp controller, USB 2.0 and audio