Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I scored a WinTV Hauppauge PAL-B/G-I 61384 Rev D421 and not sure if it is something that Linux would work with. I have seen several models of this brand ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Is this Hauppauge device recognised by Linux?

Hi I scored a WinTV Hauppauge PAL-B/G-I 61384 Rev D421 and not sure if it is something that Linux would work with. I have seen several models of this brand that do go with linux mentioned by googling but not this model. I also looked on the manufacturers website. Should I just install to find out or can anyone give me more info?

oz
    forum.guy
    Are you sure that model number and/or revision is correct?

I can't find anything at the WinTV website, or anything online at all for that matter using either of them.
    oz

Linux Newbie
    That is exactly what is on it.... there is another number 610000-08 copyright 1998 with happauge's website address. Oh there is a part id on the underside 6001235

OK I installed the card and Ubuntu lists it as Brooktree Corporation BT 878 Video capture, Oem Vendor Hauppauge OEM Product WinTV. I might go for a search with this info myself as it is different to what I thought. I did try to do a capture using VLC and I had the cord connect to the wall socket for tv if your know what I mean but I got an image like it was trying to find something like when your surfing for channels.
    Last edited by rapattack; 07-21-2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: more info

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close