Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an Intel SC450NX server board (sitka) with integrated 53c810 and 53c896 SCSI controllers. The 53c810 and the primary channel of the 53c896 are working fine but the secondary ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Secondary SCSI Channel Not Working

I have an Intel SC450NX server board (sitka) with integrated 53c810 and 53c896 SCSI controllers. The 53c810 and the primary channel of the 53c896 are working fine but the secondary channel is not accessible. I can see it with lspci but using the -nv option shows that no kernel driver is in use for it. The 53c810 and the 53c896 primary channel do show that sym53c8xx is in use for them. What do I have to do to get the driver to load for all 3 channels?

Just Joined!
    I finally figured this one out on my own but I thought I'd share the solution for anyone else. The SC450NX BIOS sets a flag when a zero-channel RAID card is installed that remains after the card is removed. The card has to be removed from BIOS control and the system cold-booted to remove the flag. Ensure that any channel not used for boot devices is removed from BIOS control. THis will likely have to be done even if the server does not have a ZCR card installed as it probably did have one installed when it was new. A large number of these servers shipped with Mylex AcceleRAID 200/250 cards.