Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i have been noticing a few roblems recently about my mouse. i have a Keymouse (that's all i can find on it) It's got 4 buttons on the top ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mouse Question

Hi, i have been noticing a few roblems recently about my mouse. i have a Keymouse (that's all i can find on it) It's got 4 buttons on the top with a scroll button in the middle. now when i move the mouse around, it randomly jumps the cursor over the screen, and randomly clicks with buttons. now it is an optical mouse, but is NOT a radio mouse, so isn't the batteries or poor signal. Has anyone had this problem before? I think it's something to do with Linux, not the mouse itself as the mouse works ok in windows.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

i think this is not actually a linux problem as my mouse has started to do similar things in windows, i think i might need a new mouse! Oh well.

Linux Guru
    Yeah, it could be your mouse. Or it could be that it's not correctly configured. In X, the file to check is /etc/XF86Config, XF86Config-4 or XF86Org or something like that, depending on your distro. In the console (text mode), the configuration is set by gpm. Log in as root and enter 'gpm -h' for more info.
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

i know the mouse works ok in linux, it's bin workin ok for bout 6 months now, just all of a sudden started playing up. The reason i didn't notice it in windows as quick was for 2 reasons 1stly i use Linux more, and 2ndly, the effects r not as drastic in windows. I think i'm guna get a new one anyway! I think a wireless optical one will do nicely!