Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need a perfect graphic card ,the most expensive one ,that will play out of the box all Linux games, that are available until now. I am getting a QuadCore ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

I need a perfect ..... ?

I need a perfect graphic card ,the most expensive one ,that will play out of the box all Linux games, that are available until now. I am getting a QuadCore AMD Phenom ,and i want to dual boot there VISTA /UBUNTU ULTIMATE ,but i also want to fully utilize my graphic card in Linux.So what's the graphic card should i ask? I don't care about the price.
    I have had a 360 ,but it got the RROD
    No more XBOX, i turned PS3
    I had it for months ,it still amazes me!

Never seen a bigger failure of MICROSOFT then the XBOX 360!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiLinux7.10 View Post
    I need a perfect graphic card ,the most expensive one ,that will play out of the box all Linux games, that are available until now.
    I can't say which if any model of card is perfect, but I would recommend sticking with nVidia cards if you want fewer issues running it under Linux. ATI is certainly catching up, but I don't think they are there just yet, at least in my own opinion.

Maybe some of the others here will offer up some tips/hints for you.
    oz

Linux Guru
    I don't know anything about expensive video cards. I never knew.

However I can give an useful advice: ati cards not only are harder to use, but there's another problem. High end ati cards usually take longer to get support under linux.

So, if you want an expensive cards, buy the most expensive nvidia cards. But first, go to the nvidia page and check that it's supported under linux, otherwise, you will have a very expensive poster to put over your wall.

Supported Products List

If you can't find the chosen card, you can still check the beta drivers:

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

There's a very high chance that it's supported at least by a beta driver. Nvidia usually has always a working driver from the day zero.

Just Joined!
    Go for one of the NVidia 8 or 9 series cards

Linux Newbie
    When i installed Mandriva Powerpack in my desktop with an ATI card ,there were mountains of problems with it,but when i installed the same OS at my friend which have a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 2.6 GHZ 2GB RAM and a Nvidia card it worked out of the box without any further configuration in xorg. I guess you people are right ,i am gonna buy the most powerful Nvidia graphic card.Thank you all.
    I have had a 360 ,but it got the RROD
    No more XBOX, i turned PS3
    I had it for months ,it still amazes me!

Never seen a bigger failure of MICROSOFT then the XBOX 360!