Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to increase the performance of my hard drive. I am wondering if there is any way to get a setup like this: I will pretend I have two ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hard drive configuration similar to dual core processor?

I want to increase the performance of my hard drive. I am wondering if there is any way to get a setup like this:

I will pretend I have two hard drives, the same size, identical to each other.

Let's say I save a file, the file is saved to HD0. If the load of the other (HD1) drive is under a certain percentage, say 10%, the file will be mirrored to HD1. If the load is higher than 10%, the file will be saved when the load drops below 10%.

If I go to open that file later, it will open it from the hard drive with the least amount of load, and then save the changes to the drive it was opened from, and then mirror it to the other when the load is less than 10% on the drive it is going to be mirrored on.

I don't know if I can explain this any better, but is there a way to do this?

Just Joined!
    Now to find your data you have to look on two disk, Get a good caching controller and fast drives with cache is your best option.

Just Joined!
    RAID1 kinda does what you wan't.

Except that to my knowledge you don't controll the loadbalancing yourself, perhaps this is possible, also, raid0 is slow when writing to the disk, because it needs to save on both disk... no waiting as you suggested.

Do a search on raid for more details, since other options might suit your need better.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close