Find the answer to your Linux question:
Now I know there is an old thread on this, but I thought I would recreate it. Using ArchLinux I have a Dynex USB Keyboard and after a fresh install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB Keyboard not Detected in ArchLinux

Now I know there is an old thread on this, but I thought I would recreate it.

Using ArchLinux

I have a Dynex USB Keyboard and after a fresh install and several "pacman -Syu"'s. Upon booting I can't use the keyboard. The system either isn't detecting it or I am missing the scrolling text.

I can install packages by booting an Ubuntu Live Disk, mounting all the drives and using chroot to "boot" ArchLinux.

I have Grub installed and have just read up on it. I have the lastest Install Disk but I don't understand why it loads grub commandline. I also have the 2008.03 disk.

oz
    forum.guy
    I've never installed Arch by that method so don't know if that might have any impact on the overall situation, or not. However, I do have about 7 different USB keyboards (all different brands) and each works perfectly with Arch. I don't have one of the brand and model you mention above, though.

All I can think of to suggest is that you make sure you have added usb usbinput to the "HOOKS" line in your /etc/mkinitcpio.conf file. If you change this file, you'll need to regenerate the initramfs images.

You can read the mkinitcpio wiki page for more information on using it and regenerating the images.
    oz