Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Firmware test
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
I'm a new Linuxuser, trying to install open SUSE 11.0.
However, the installation program can not find my hard drive for partitioning and installation. I suspect I have some kind of driver problem, but don't know what to do about it.
in the suse installation program I have run the firmware test, which gives me the following results:
1 Boot device 0X80 does not support EDD
2. Failed to locate HPET base
3. Memory range 0xe8000000to 0xebffffff (0000:00:00:0) has incorrect attribute
4. The memory map has a memory hole between 15 Mb and 16 Mb
5 No SMBIOS nor DMI entry point found
1. CPU frequency scaling not supported
2. Zone THRM doesnt support passive tip point at all
(Other tests are passed)
This is my computer:
Mother board: ASUS A7S8X+MX
CPU AMD Athlon XP 1533 Mhz
512 Mb memory
1 IDE master: WDC WD800BB-22JHCO
2 IDE master: HL-DT-STDVDRAM
What to do?