Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone recommend a AM2 MB that is very compatible with linux? Preferably under $100. Thanks!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best AM2 Motherboard

Can anyone recommend a AM2 MB that is very compatible with linux? Preferably under $100. Thanks!

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

I can't recommend any specific model because I'm currently running an Intel CPU, but will say that I've always had good luck with all the ASUS brand motherboards I've used under Linux.

On my last build, I decided at last minute to try a Gigabyte motherboard. It gave me a few issues at first, but all issues were finally overcome, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of their motherboards.

The thing that I see most often giving some Linux users fits with new motherboards is the on-board networking components and drivers. In fact, it was the on-board LAN drivers that were giving me issues with my new Gigabyte motherboard.

Hopefully some AMD users will chime in with some specific models for your consideration.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Yes I have an asus board in one of my machine's now. It's bios is a little quirky but it have been ok so far. I was mainly looking for one that has out of the box audio/video support so I do not have to mess around too much with drivers.