Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is there a pclinux driver available for a Logitech Z Cinema surround speaker system?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

logitech driver for pclinux

Is there a pclinux driver available for a Logitech Z Cinema surround speaker system?

Just Joined!

Question problem installing new speakers on a pclinux computer

I am a newbie here running pclinux for about a month, and very unfamiliar with it. I just bought Logitech's Z Cinema Surround speaker system to replace the old speakers. The Logitech system has a usb cable instead of the regular cable that plugs into the sound input. The Logitech also has a remote control to adjust everything. The speakers power up but there is no audio and the remote volume function does not work as it is windows based. Upon loading the disc that came with the system, the following is displayed; A new medium has been detected. Medium type: unmounted cd writer. It has the options to open in new window, copy cd with k3b, and do nothing. Below that is a configure, ok and cancel tab(s). Not quite sure how to "mount" the cd writer. Once the writer is "mounted" should the software load and the speaker system work? Do I need a certain pclinux driver for this? Any suggestions how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated as I'm about ready to return these speakers. Thanks

I'm guessing the disc is Windows based, therefore you won't be able to run it on Linux without some extra software. I don't know if someone else knows how to get the speakers to work without the software, but if you really want to run the disc, you need to install WINE. It should be in the repositories (I'm not sure what pcLinux's package manager is). There are tutorials of how to use WINE online.

Just Joined!
    I believe that I installed WINE. There was some difficulty the first few times trying to install as a number of items kept saying "failed to fetch". The last time it didn't say that, so I assume that it loaded ok. However when loading the windows based disc that came with the system, it still come up with the unmounted cd writer issue as before. Any ideas as to how to mount the cd writer or to correct whatever the problem is? Thanks for the reply.