Find the answer to your Linux question:
It's multi-boot, with Ubuntu and XP on the native IDE channel. Those 2 display fine. The other 2 OS's, PCLOS and FC8 are on another disk, which is on a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Display is off-center for 2 OS's...

It's multi-boot, with Ubuntu and XP on the native IDE channel. Those 2 display fine.

The other 2 OS's, PCLOS and FC8 are on another disk, which is on a PCI/IDE controller card. If I boot either one of them, the display is off-center to the right, by the same amount - about 3/8".

Since both are off equally, it has to be a BIOS setting - right? And not a X.conf setting?

Just Joined!
    Well, it could be that your monitor is not calibrated properly! Maybe you're using a resolution that you don't normally...
    When I switch to an odd res/refresh rate, the screen can shift, I just use the monitor controls to put it back again!

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by dandart View Post
    Well, it could be that your monitor is not calibrated properly! Maybe you're using a resolution that you don't normally...
    When I switch to an odd res/refresh rate, the screen can shift, I just use the monitor controls to put it back again!
    If I use the monitor controls for the 2 OS's that display INcorrectly, then won't that interfere with display for the 2 OS's that DO display correctly?

The monitor controls are not dependent on the OS.

If 2 people got sick after grubbin' down at McDonald's, you look at McDonald's; NOT the people.

Just Joined!
    Well, it shouldn't... have a go. I've never screwed it up bad by doing that.