Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been contemplating building a new PC and haven't done it for years now. I figure since I'm doing it, I might as well try Linux. I was wondering if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Asus mobo's

I've been contemplating building a new PC and haven't done it for years now. I figure since I'm doing it, I might as well try Linux. I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything good or bad about Asus motherboards with Linux. I'm looking at this barebones kit:

Asus M3N78 PRO Barebone Kit - GeForce 8300, HDMI, Hybrid SLI, AMD Phenom X4 9500, 8GB DDR2-800 Corsair, 500GB SATA2, ATX Mid-Tower, 750W PSU at TigerDirect.com

Does anyone see any issues I might have between this rig and Linux? Thanks for you help.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Howzer View Post
    I've been contemplating building a new PC and haven't done it for years now. I figure since I'm doing it, I might as well try Linux. I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything good or bad about Asus motherboards with Linux. I'm looking at this barebones kit:

Asus M3N78 PRO Barebone Kit - GeForce 8300, HDMI, Hybrid SLI, AMD Phenom X4 9500, 8GB DDR2-800 Corsair, 500GB SATA2, ATX Mid-Tower, 750W PSU at TigerDirect.com

Does anyone see any issues I might have between this rig and Linux? Thanks for you help.
    Hi
    I have installed many different versions of Linux, going back many years. I have never had a motherboard of any manufacture cause any problems. I have several ASUS motherboards running both Windoze and Linux. The newer versions of Linux seem to work very well with the newer Boards. I have a Removable Hard Drive in my main unit and simply change the OS to suit my mood. I have Fedora 10, openSUSE 11.0 and Solaris and they all boot quite nicely. ASUS make great MoBos and I am looking at the M3N78 CM possibly for my next build. Enjoy...
    Robert