Find the answer to your Linux question:
First.... Syncing via USB, Palm Device is a LifeDrive, Distro is PCLOS. Output from 'uname -a' is Code: Linux EPSILON 2.6.18.8.tex5 #1 SMP Thu May 10 11:36:58 WST 2007 i686 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Can't get Palm Pilot to sync

First.... Syncing via USB, Palm Device is a LifeDrive, Distro is PCLOS. Output from 'uname -a' is
    Code:
    Linux EPSILON 2.6.18.8.tex5 #1 SMP Thu May 10 11:36:58 WST 2007 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2600+ GNU/Linux
    If you need any more info let me know. I really dont know what could be useful in this case

The basic problem: I can't get my palm to sync with Evolution. But it goes a little deeper then that. 'visor' is installed on the kernel but not started at boot. I don't think it is configured correctly cause instead of pointing sync programs to '/dev/visor' I got to find out exactly what /dev/ttyUSB# it is connected to at that time. And that turns into a pain in the ass when you got many USB devices connected.

The purpose of this thread is to start from the very beginning and configure everything to work correctly from Visor starting on boot to the sync working every time without constant modification and configuration changes.

Now, I am not even sure where to begin. Let me know what to do and I will do it.

Linux Newbie
    24 and no reply...you know what that means, right?
    You're the boards palm OS expert
    Congratulations, your plaque is in the mail....all further palm questions get dumped in your inbox.
    Sorry to hear about that syncing feeling you're not getting anymore.

oh goodie...

Well, I guess I will feel this out and post what I find here. If anyone has any clue where I could find some information on the subject (other then Google, already looking there) I would very much appreciate it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    From The Ubuntu forum Archives
    August 23rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
    Jpilot could be a stopgap solution until this starts working.
    Multisync is also an option.
    Sorry....

I have a problem with it not connecting at all. So far none of the palm sync programs are working. I think it has something to do with how the hardware is configured for visor. Right now I am researching how to configure visor and how that particular module works

Thanks for the link. Lots of good info there.

Linux Newbie
    Almighty your welcome to ignore this because I don't know that this will help you, and youve probably already tried it but lsusb should show you what the machine sees when it's looking at the palm device. If your kernel is dynamicaly loading modules it may have even have loaded what it beleives is the appropriate extensions to use the device.
    Sometimes, working from that base, you can get functionality, though it's not what I'd consider to be a "solution". I'm thinking of a digital camera I got to work on slack from a samsung cell phone that was shredded in a car accident and then left for dead for a couple of months. I couldn't get the images off the chip because they were "in" the camera memory, I eventually got them but it was a major undertaking...you should have seen that thing it looked like somebody dropped it in the shredder.
    My thinking is, If an idiot can connect to a paper weight, the Almighty might be able to connect to his palm pilot using the same approach.

I had not thought of using lsusb before you mentioned it. Takes me in a new direction. Namely, a direction that isnt "reverse" Thank you