Find the answer to your Linux question:
so i bought a 1tb drive with the plan of using it as an external hd, but when i got it i discovered it doesnt fit in my hd case...so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Samsung HD103UJ Terabyte Drive ---need external case

so i bought a 1tb drive with the plan of using it as an external hd, but when i got it i discovered it doesnt fit in my hd case...so i ordered a nexstar3 off of newegg that said is supported up to 1 gb hd's so i assumed it would be the right one...just got it, and am dismayed to see it is the same connections as my other external cases, meaning i still cant use the drive....

the drive says it is Serial ATA 3.0Gbps Interface Support , so what kind of external case do i have to buy...im struggling with finding something that will work via google searching....

anyone able to offer me some insight???

kind regards,

stu

Linux Guru
    Checked out what you bought from Newegg
    nexstar3
    It has a
    Internal Interface: IDE
    which is why you can't connect your Hardrive. You need one that says, internal Sata interface

This is a very nice one here Newegg.com - Thermaltake BlacX N0028USU External Hard Drive SATA Enclosure Docking Station 2.5" & 3.5" USB 2.0 - External Enclosures

in that it will accept more than 1 hardrive, and has a lot of features plus it can hand le 1 TB drives.