Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a linux newbie, and having difficulties with printer instalation. I have 2 printers , one HP all-in-one F370 and a hp1020 laser. I tried everything, all drivers delivered with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux HP printer puzzle

I'm a linux newbie, and having difficulties with printer instalation.

I have 2 printers , one HP all-in-one F370 and a hp1020 laser. I tried everything, all drivers delivered with my CentOS, drivers from HP, compiled some, generated some PPD, but no luck. Most of the time, printer sits quietly, although my led usb cable blinks (signaling data going through), or the F370 led panel starts blinking chaotically and an 'E' appears on the printer's led display.

I'm desperate, I'm willing to change my distro if necessary, but I cant' buy a new printer.
    Any idea is wellcome.

Btw, I tried to use a windoze as a print server, worked for HP1020, also if I swich the usb cable from the Win to the Lin, after printing one page with the Win machine, the printer worked !!! ... until the next restart. But that goes only for 1020. For 370 there is no driver on the linux side, for me to use with the samba connection. The all-in-one F370 is very important for me to work with.

tpl
    Linux User
    did you try "hplip"?

rather complex GUI-only works w/ my HP-K60 and HP-1012
    the sun is new every day (heraclitus)

Linux Newbie
    Might need a newer version of "HP Linux Imaging and Printing", not sure what version Centos is on

All I can suggest is to look at :
    OpenPrinting database - Printer: HP DeskJet F370
    HP Linux Imaging and Printing
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close