Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right palce to post my question. Anyway, I'm starting a small project with some other friends. For the project we need to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Embedded Linux

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right palce to post my question. Anyway, I'm starting a small project with some other friends. For the project we need to install a linux system on small box (64 Mb ram, Flash drive, ...).
    To do that, we need to chose an embedded llinux distribution. Does anyone have any idea on what distribution is more suitble for our hardware configuration.
    Even more, the linux need to run an amount of software: Clam AV (antivirus), Snort, Netfilter, Spamassassin.

Just Joined!
    Try Damn Small Linux. Or maybe Gentoo? because of its customizability.

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I just checked Gentoo and Damn small linux, these distributions are good but they have more than I need.
    I found an open project called Open embedded, which according to what I understood is a platform that easens the developpemnt of embedded linux systems.
    Can anyone tell me if it is the right place if I'd like it to start developpinga Linux runnoing on small box (64 Mb Ram and 2 Go flash drive).
    The distribution should be able to monotir the ongoing traffic but this is a hole other story.

PS: My distribution is more of uClinux, except it hasn't been updated for at least the last 2 years

Just Joined!

online course or training for embedded linux

Hello..
    Can anyone suggest me ..any course or training for embedded linux..?

preferable online courses..in usa..

plz comment if u have any idea.