Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi, ive got a problem with my dib0700-based usb dvb-t stick. I'm currently using firmware 1.20 with module parameter "force_lna_activation=1". Actually, when i set the long filter timeout option, i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Problem with pinnacle pctv 72e usb stick (dib0700 - based)

Hi,
    ive got a problem with my dib0700-based usb dvb-t stick.
    I'm currently using firmware 1.20 with module parameter "force_lna_activation=1".
    Actually, when i set the long filter timeout option, i can use w_scan and successfully find 8 channels. But i do not get any output from the card when accessing /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0. The tzap output is the following:

Code:
    using '/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0'
    reading channels from file 'dvbt_channels.conf'
    tuning to 762000000 Hz
    video pid 0x012d, audio pid 0x012e
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 001fffff | unc 00000256 | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00000180 | unc 00002aa3 | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00000a20 | unc 00002b2d | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00004af0 | unc 00002b7c | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00000900 | unc 00002c5b | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00007a90 | unc 00002c31 | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00005ba0 | unc 00002c9c | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 000003a0 | unc 00002df8 | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 000001c0 | unc 00002d80 | FE_HAS_LOCK
    status 1e | signal ffff | snr 0000 | ber 00002870 | unc 00002efd | FE_HAS_LOCK
    But the strange thing is, when i boot the system into windows and reboot it into linux again (thus letting the windows driver download the firmware to the stick so linux finds it in warm state and doesnt download it again) it works flawlessy with exactly the same commands. The status of tzap then changes from "1e" as above to "1f".

I would really appreciate any help for this problem, if any other information is needed, i'll be glad to post it here!

Linux Guru
    According to the V4ll-DVB wiki, it is working with firmware version 1.10.

DVB-T USB Devices - LinuxTVWiki

That firmware can be found here:

Index of /~pboettch/home/files
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    Thanks for your help.
    Changing to fw 1.10 didn't resolve anything, i've still got the exact situation as with fw 1.20...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    There is another version of the firmware at that link, give that a try too. I also see some at this site:

Index of /downloads/firmware

What you really could use is a firmware extractor, so that you can use the firmware from your Windows driver. There may be one out there, but where?
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Just Joined!
    Thanks - but I already tried with other firmware versions but still got no luck. I believe this could be solved by extracting the firmware from the win driver too, since every time i reboot it in win and then in linux again (and so the win driver fw is on the stick) the device works like a charm, unfortunately i also don't know where to look for a fw extractor, so any hint is appreciated...

Linux Guru
    You could poke around the mailing lists. Or better yet just post a question, try the IRC channel too.

LinuxTV.org - Mailing Lists
    Last edited by waterhead; 04-16-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Linux Guru
    I found something here, but I'm not sure what you do with it.

Re: [linux-dvb] [PATCH] support Cinergy HT USB XE (0ccd:005

Linux Guru
    Here's another site with potential:

Homepage of Patrick Boettcher

I was thinking that maybe it isn't a firmware problem. It could be the "state" of the device that is the problem. Windows leaves it in a state that makes it usable. The Linux driver doesn't. I don't have any answers to fixing the state, but it may be something to look into.

I'm going to direct you to another forum. It is strictly for Linux TV PC's, and some of the V4L-DVB developers visit those forums. Maybe you can find more help and info there.

HTPC - Linux Chat - AVS Forum

Just Joined!

Smile

Ok, I'll try to post there too. By the way, I tried to compile the newest version of the drivers from the linuxtv mercurial repository with no luck, so I'm really going out of ideas...

Anyway thank you for your help i really appreciated it!

Linux Guru
    You should be able to compile the drivers. Do you have the prerequisites installed? I don't know which distro you are using, so I can't give exact program names. You usually need these:

kernel source
    kernel headers
    gcc
    make

If you post the error, maybe I can help. Did you get the drivers through the link on this page?

Pinnacle PCTV 72e - LinuxTVWiki

I see that the firmware extractor web page is by Patrick Boettcher. I think that he is the author of your card's driver.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast