Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am going to be buying a new printer that will be hooked directly onto the network. I use various Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora, CentOS, and OpenSUSE. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Brother 8860DN/Canon ImageClass MF6590/HP LaserJet M2727nf Work with Linux?

I am going to be buying a new printer that will be hooked directly onto the network. I use various Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora, CentOS, and OpenSUSE.
    I want to make sure that the printer I purchase will work via the network with Linux. The printers I'm currently looking into getting are the Brother 8860DN, Canon ImageClass MF6590, HP LaserJet M2727nf, and possibly a Samsung Laser printer. How would I find out if these work with Linux before I purchase one of the above or would Linux work with mostly any Laser printer on the market from a major manufacturer?

Most of the HP devices work under Linux.. there is an Official utility for Linux called HPLIP - HP Linux Image and Printing. --> HP Linux Imaging and Printing

The printer is reported working perfectly --> OpenPrinting database - Printer: HP LaserJet M2727nf MFP

Some Canon Printers have drivers for Linux, though it never worked for me.
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed