Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Lenovo S10 netbook, which has a ExpressCard slot and install the Ubuntu 09.04, and I have a ExpressCard type SSD storage which is PCIE interface. Everytime i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do make Lenovo S10 which install Ubuntu OS to support ExpressCard SSD hot plug

I have a Lenovo S10 netbook, which has a ExpressCard slot and install the Ubuntu 09.04, and I have a ExpressCard type SSD storage which is PCIE interface.
    Everytime i reboot my netbook which insert the SSD ExpressCard, this storage is working properly, but not support Hot Plug. Everytime i remove the SSD ExpressCard, the Media Storage Icon of SSD still exist. So, i think the problem is hot plug?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I have just installed 9.04 on my Dell laptop, but I don't have a hot-plug SSD storage device. However, it may be that the HAL daemon isn't configured for this device, or it might not know how to handle it. Since it is a drive, my guess is that it would be analagous to plugging an eSata drive into a workstation, which while the OS recognizes it, it isn't automatically mounted nor dismounted when disconnected. You have to mount it, and then unmount it as necessary. I think I can change that behavior, but I haven't gotten a round tuit yet.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!