Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks .. I was working on my CentOS linux .. doing some graphics editing on Inkscape .. and at once, keyboard stopped working !! .. I restarted the machine, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Keyboard stopped working suddenly !!

Hi folks ..

I was working on my CentOS linux .. doing some graphics editing on Inkscape .. and at once, keyboard stopped working !! .. I restarted the machine, but Linux is still not being able to receive anything from the keyboard except the login name and passowrd !!! .. once in, I can't use the keyboard at all !!!! .. what could be the problem ?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by omara007 View Post
    Hi folks ..

I was working on my CentOS linux .. doing some graphics editing on Inkscape .. and at once, keyboard stopped working !! .. I restarted the machine, but Linux is still not being able to receive anything from the keyboard except the login name and passowrd !!! .. once in, I can't use the keyboard at all !!!! .. what could be the problem ?

looks strange to me....keyboard work till login screen and then goes off
    Check for any error or strange messages in /var/log/messages file ...if you find anything post it here
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Are you dual booting? Does keyboard work in GRUB Menu? Is it a USB keyboard?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I managed to find the root cause for this problem. Effectively, I was working on Inkscape and I pressed one key repeatedly and that disabled the keyboard, or made its response strangely slow so as you might think it's not responds to key presses. I went to the preferences and tried couple of setting combinations and now it's properly working.