Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want tosend data from linux system to windows system and vice versa.. using cross over ether net cable. could any body please suggest me how to do this....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cross over ethernet cable

I want tosend data from linux system to windows system and vice versa.. using cross over ether net cable. could any body please suggest me how to do this.

The best thing to do is run a DHCP server on Linux and share out your directories via Samba.

Windows will then pickup an IP address and you can map a drive to the Samba share(s) to copy data back and forward.

Just Joined!
    if you use KDE, there is a program called Kpf, which is basically an ftp, its pretty easy to use they just put in your ip and port and can download the needed stuff. barring that there is apache, which many instalations have pre-installed (or optionally pre-installed) which is an easy to use web server, drop the files in the /var/www folder (or sym link them) and again put in the ip into the browser and DL.
    there are millions of ways to get files out of linux...only a few ways to get them in...

Just Joined!
    thank you for reply.
    i got the answer for the same to download/upload files.