Find the answer to your Linux question:
Allright, this is going to sound real crazy but I have to ask. I've got a freind who has an old VIC-20. Yeah. Old. So he said to me the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on a VIC-20?

Allright, this is going to sound real crazy but I have to ask. I've got a freind who has an old VIC-20. Yeah. Old. So he said to me the other day something about betting I couldn't find some linux distro, even regardless of age, that could run on it. Well, I figure he is probably right on the mark, but I had to ask the forum. At the very least you get a good laugh. heh. Let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks, Hawk.

Linux Newbie
    hmmm, i thought that the 8086 was neaderthal technology, how much did you bet cos its been done! http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...09.1/0508.html
    Cry out for freedom! Cry out for Linux!

Just Joined!

VIC 20

Youre the man! Thanks. Thats insane. I love Linux

yeah, I've heard that linux is capable of running in "extreme conditions". Not sure how true it is but I've heard or read somewhere that there are some linux based washing-machine (ie it uses a stripped and modified linux kernel and special written apps). Also, there's the Z80 CPU's which is present in some calculators (like mine TI83 Plus SE), and I think there's a linux based OS I could download an put on it, haven't tried it but it would be fun to do that some day
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.