Find the answer to your Linux question:
Whenever I try to pair mobile phone (NOKIA E71) with linux my computer freezes completely. The mouse can be moved for a few more seconds while all the applications become ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Critical problem with bluetooth pairing produces complete freeze of system

Whenever I try to pair mobile phone (NOKIA E71) with linux my computer freezes completely. The mouse can be moved for a few more seconds while all the applications become unresponsive - Only solution is to reboot a computer with a reset button. Nothing is logged - LEDs on keyboard don't blink. I have tried finding out the root of a problem with hcidump but nothing unordinary gets reported (Pairing a device at address..... and that is it). Bluetooth works in Windows so I don't think it is a hardware problem.

Can someone give me some direction how can I get some debugging information or sth that will help me solve the problem.

I am using Gentoo Linux (x86_64) with latest gentoo-sources-2.6.29-r5 and bluez 4.39...

Thank you in advance.

Just Joined!
    Solved the problem by moving Bluetooth dongle from monitor USB hub to the motherboard USB...