Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all, i dont know where to go with this, but i am havinging an issue with installing Gentoo. I have completed the install alright, up to the point where ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation G19LWk AOC 19'' LCD Envision Monitor Out Of Range Running Gentoo!!!

Hey all, i dont know where to go with this, but i am havinging an issue with installing Gentoo. I have completed the install alright, up to the point where I have to do the " inititial restart " . Now when i do it, I get an monitor out of range. This is a fresh install, and i am currently running the monitor on windows xp as without any problems.

Here is the product: G19LWk

Also im running an Ati 9600SE 128MB connected via RGB plugin. I am able to view the grub menu and am able to edit as well.

here is my grub.conf: dpaste: #56239: /boot/grub/grub.conf, by root

do you get to a CLI ?

Do you get to a CLI after the out of range message? If so take a look at /etc/X11/xorg.conf and particularly at the Monitor section. That is where your monitor is set up for xwindows, and where the trouble might be. If you have a manual for your monitor ort access to the web - try to get the horizontal and vertical refresh values and ensure that they are correct.

HTH
    - Clouds don't crash - Bertrand Meyer

registered Linux user 393557

finally - hw to brag about - but next year it will look pitifully quaint:
    Athlon64 X2 3800 - 1G PC3200 - 250G SATA - ati radeon x300
    circa 2006

Just Joined!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by twoHats View Post
    Do you get to a CLI after the out of range message? If so take a look at /etc/X11/xorg.conf and particularly at the Monitor section. That is where your monitor is set up for xwindows, and where the trouble might be. If you have a manual for your monitor ort access to the web - try to get the horizontal and vertical refresh values and ensure that they are correct.

HTH
    Unfortunately i do not have xorg installed yet, since this is just the first boot after setting up gentoo. I would like to know how or what ? is causing the monitor out of range issue. I'm sure it has something to do with Framebuffer support being Enabled in the kernel menuconfig, just have not narrowed it down yet. I did enable vesa vga support and added the vga statement to the grub.conf (vga=0x31B) which sets the monitor at 1024x768@32 i believe, And that got me to a successfull boot up, after whole days worth of brainstorming.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close