Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have a Compulab EM-270X device, running Angstrom Linux 2.6.26. The device has a Telit chip which takes a SIM card and I want to send some AT instructions. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Chat command line / communicating with Telit GSM modem / sending instructions

Hi,

I have a Compulab EM-270X device, running Angstrom Linux 2.6.26. The device has a Telit chip which takes a SIM card and I want to send some AT instructions.

I need to send the instruction: AT#BND=3

to the modem to make it change its settings from Europe to U.S. in order for my AT&T sim card to connect to the network.

From poking around in /etc/ppp I found various files like gprs-connect and gprs-options that use the "chat" command to communicate with the modem which I believe it's the /dev/ttyS1.

How do I use "chat" or any other tool to send those instructions to the modem?

I have never used the "chat" command line and the man pages sort of confused me.

Here's my gprs-connect:

TIMEOUT 60
    ABORT 'BUSY'
    ABORT 'ERROR'
    ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
    '' 'AT'
    OK AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.cingular","0.0.0.0",0,0
    OK ATD*99***1#
    CONNECT ''

And my gprs-options:

/dev/ttyS1
    defaultroute
    ipcp-accept-local
    ipcp-accept-remote
    user "WAP&CINGULARGPRS&COM"
    connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/gprs-connect"
    disconnect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/gprs-disconnect"

Just Joined!
    Did you find out how to do this? I am looking to do the same thing on the same system...

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by paulw7 View Post
    Did you find out how to do this? I am looking to do the same thing on the same system...
    Hi, Paul

Please start a thread of your own about this issue because this thread is 17 months old and the user that started it has not logged in since the day after posting.

Thank you.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close