Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi ! just one little question. i have an seagate s-ata-hd. when i check the temperature with hddtemp /dev/hde i get this message: DISABLING IRQ 18 what does this mean ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

S-ATA disables IRQ

Hi !

just one little question.
    i have an seagate s-ata-hd. when i check the temperature with

hddtemp /dev/hde

i get this message:

DISABLING IRQ 18

what does this mean an why is this message comming?

thx in advance
    greez robak
    make install not love

Registered Linux user number 369245

Just Joined!

similar problem (IRQ 18, S-ATA) but it's more complex

My motherboard is Asus P4C-800. This have a primay (master&slave) IDE, a secondary (master&slave) IDE, a third S-ATA and a fourth S-ATA connection (or what else? - sorry, for my bad english) in "Enhanced mode".
    In "Compatible mode" I can use one of the IDEs and the two S-ATAs or IDEs only under linux.
    Why? 'Cos I get IRQ 18 related errors all the time and my system slows down significantly (it's nearly hanging). But this occures when the system is trying to access my ide dvd-rom in "enhaced mode" too.
    The two mode can be choosen from the BIOS setup.

This is a very annoying thing. I need to connect 4 devices, one of them is an S-ATA hd, the others connected to IDE.

I bet it can works somehow, with special kernel-configuration, but I can't figure it out, how can I configure...

Now I use Gentoo linux, but I experienced same problems with Mandrake, etc...