Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Gentlemen, I think my lack of knowledge has misled you. The old mouse that came with my HP a532x desktop computer has a rubber ball that rolls on my mouse ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Gentlemen, I think my lack of knowledge has misled you. The old mouse that came with my HP a532x desktop computer has a rubber ball that rolls on my mouse pad. That is not what disintegrated.! I used a small phillips screwdriver to take out the screw that held the two halves of the mouse together. Once inside I saw two shafts with a gear wheel at the end of each shaft. Around each shaft was a small band of rubber that touched the rubber ball. It was these two rubber bands that disintegrated.

At any rate I got on an MTA bus today that was being driven by a young musician named Nick who use to clerk in a health food store here on Staten Island. During the course of our catching up with one another I told him about my mouse problem. Nick told me that he had recently purchased a wireless mouse from the Best Buy at the Staten Island Mall.

I picked up my pictures from the drug store and went to the Best Buy and sure enough they had racks and racks of mice. I bought a Dynex optical mouse that had a usb cord and the box said that it required " windows ". which made me nervous.

When I got home I plugged it into an open usb port and it works great. There is a red light at the bottom instead of a rubber wheel and there are buttons on either side to go forward on back for website pages according to the instructions. I feel more out of date than I did yesterday. With New York taxes I paid $20.48 for the optical mouse.

Again my gracious thanks, gentlemen!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    I've had lots of mice, but can't say that I've ever owned, or for that matter, ever seen a mouse with rubber bands in it. Oh well, it's highly unlikely that you'll ever want to return to a ball mouse once you get used to that optical mouse. Glad you are up and running.
    oz

Ozar I wanted to take a picture of the insides of my old mouse but I do not remember where I put it. I know I did not throw it out yet. I'm sure a picture would explain what my words can not.

You are right about the optical mouse. It moves a lot quicker with a lot less effort.

I found the mouse and I am going to take a picture!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Ozar I wanted to take a picture of the insides of my old mouse but I do not remember where I put it. I know I did not throw it out yet. I'm sure a picture would explain what my words can not.

You are right about the optical mouse. It moves a lot quicker with a lot less effort.

The small scroll rubber which you can see inside the mouse will be similar to most of the mouse. you can check this with any one of the other old mouse and change it on the same place. Or instead of scroll rubber you can use any other soft meterial. That will also make your work done

2516_51mys.jpg

Sometimes I just can't stop myself. .
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Rokytnji has OD on the Cactus juice again - anything for a laugh!!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2