Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need to access my EXT3 formatted partition in Vista. I am using Windows again for this game and my Ubuntu is messed up. EXT2IFS does not work in Vista, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Need a way to access EXT formatted partition from Vista

I need to access my EXT3 formatted partition in Vista. I am using Windows again for this game and my Ubuntu is messed up.

EXT2IFS does not work in Vista, even with compatibility mode. When I open my drive it asks me to format it.

EXT2FSD works but gives constant BSODs...

I'd use something that can access both EXT3 and NTFS. Linux LiveCD seems to fit the bill.

Linux Guru
    I've found that with EXT2IFS it does actually work, but only when you install it. It doesn't seem to work after a reboot. Try running the installer again and skip rebooting...that might get you going for long enough to get what you need.

I need to backup the drive from Windows (My Ubuntu install is messed up)

And I need to access it because if I am in Windows I want to have access to all my music and what not. Plus my Windows partition is smaller, so I need to be able to store stuff on the EXT one.

I never got EXT2IFS working, not for a second, not even before rebooting, in fact the drive letter did not even show up until after rebooting...