Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
See this thread there may be something useful for you there. HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver - Ubuntu Forums...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

See this thread there may be something useful for you there.
    HOWTO Install Samsung Unified Printer Driver - Ubuntu Forums
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Hey, I think I may have found the problem. I noticed that whenever I would try to send anything to print, I would get an "SELinux" warning popup. So I clicked on it and got the details.

Code:
    SummarySELinux is preventing cups-driverd (cupsd_t) "read" to /usr/share/cups/model/samsung/cms/CLX-3170cms2 (user_home_t). Detailed DescriptionSELinux denied access requested by cups-driverd. /usr/share/cups/model/samsung/cms/CLX-3170cms2 may be a mislabeled. /usr/share/cups/model/samsung/cms/CLX-3170cms2 default SELinux type is cupsd_etc_t, but its current type is user_home_t. Changing this file back to the default type, may fix your problem. File contexts can be assigned to a file in the following ways. Files created in a directory receive the file context of the parent directory by default. The SELinux policy might override the default label inherited from the parent directory by specifying a process running in context A which creates a file in a directory labeled B will instead create the file with label C. An example of this would be the dhcp client running with the dhclient_t type and creates a file in the directory /etc. This file would normally receive the etc_t type due to parental inheritance but instead the file is labeled with the net_conf_t type because the SELinux policy specifies this. Users can change the file context on a file using tools such as chcon, or restorecon. This file could have been mislabeled either by user error, or if an normally confined application was run under the wrong domain. However, this might also indicate a bug in SELinux because the file should not have been labeled with this type. If you believe this is a bug, please file a bug report against this package. Allowing AccessYou can restore the default system context to this file by executing the restorecon command. restorecon '/usr/share/cups/model/samsung/cms/CLX-3170cms2', if this file is a directory, you can recursively restore using restorecon -R '/usr/share/cups/model/samsung/cms/CLX-3170cms2'. Fix Commandrestorecon '/usr/share/cups/model/samsung/cms/CLX-3170cms2'
    Can you advise?

You might try disabling SELinux altogether, it might help.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Well that was a good idea, but to no avail. I read up on how to disable SELinux. I sent a couple of test jobs to print and this time did not get any error messages. But still nothing comes out of the printer. The printing queue lists these jobs as having "completed," but nada.

This is so frustrating. I have usually been able to do anything I want to do with Linux. But over a period of several years, come to think of it, I have never been able to successfully get Linux to print.

-abs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2