Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I have compiled Bluez 4.50 for arm and have installed it. The bluetoothd daemon is running fine. But when I enabled the blueoothd -nd & i get an error ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problem Playing music in bluetooth headset

Hi
    I have compiled Bluez 4.50 for arm and have installed it. The bluetoothd daemon is running fine. But when I enabled the blueoothd -nd & i get an error saying, Failed to access HAL. After a bit of digging, i tried installing hal on the board in vain. The hcitool scan runs fine and shows all the devices in the vicinity. I compiled agent.c from the test folder and am using it to pair in command line because i donot have python on the board. I see the packets getting txd and rxd in the hcidump when i try to pair with the headset. even the light in the headset changes after pairing. but i donot hear any sound when i play a *.wav file.

my /etc/asound.conf -->

pcm.rawbluetooth {
    type bluetooth
    device 00:1E:7C:00:4F:4D
    }
    pcm.bluetooth {
    type plug
    slave {
    pcm {
    type bluetooth
    }
    }
    }

My .asoundrc --->
    pcm.rawbluetooth {
    type bluetooth
    }
    pcm.bluetooth {
    type plug
    slave {
    pcm {
    type bluetooth
    }
    }
    }

aplay -D bluetooth some.wav
    ALSA lib ../../../alsa-lib-1.0.15/src/pcm/pcm.c:2106snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/local/alsa/lib/alsa-lib/libasoundo
    aplay: main:546: audio open error: No such file or directory

Please has anyone got any such error or any suggestions ... anything would do ...
    thanks

Just Joined!

can't get my Sony headset to connect either

Hi Paladin007,

I am not able to hear sounds from my Sony headset (DR-BT50) even though Blueman shows that it is paired and sending/receiving.

I created and added similar, seemingly appropriate items in my .soundrc file. Also downloaded and installed the latest Blueman version, 1.21 from blueman-project dot org - The Blueman Project, which had me hopeful, because the settings changed and more line items appeared in the Pulse Audio Manager.

I hope that the latest Ubuntu 10.04 (impending April 2010 release) solves this problem. The new OS version is no longer using HAL, and perhaps that was part of it?

However, I can sync and send/receive files with my Nokia phone using Bluetooth, using Blueman directly.