Find the answer to your Linux question:
I built a package from non debian source. I can get program running from normal user from a console. ( I hope that means the same as a terminal). I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

How do I create a link to my dialer?

I built a package from non debian source. I can get program running from normal user from a console. ( I hope that means the same as a terminal). I would like to click on network, and see an option for chestnut dialer. I don't know if I failed to indicate that option as I was building my package or If i was expected to configure this on my own. I have Lenny and xfce desktop. I downloaded chestnut-dialer from Sourceforge. It seems like I am asking how to create a symbolic link on my Desktop. Frank

I opened the Chestnut-dialer folder I untarred. I saw 4 chestnut-dialer icons, I explored each, and chose the one that said. COMMAND, /usr/bin/chestnut-dialer -i gtk2. After testing it by clicking on execute, I dragged this icon to my Desktop.

I still would like to know how to be able to choose this from a menu option, I mean like after clicking on network,..seeing chestnut-dialer. This is mainly for learning purposes. Frank
    Last edited by frank56; 09-12-2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: new info

If you want it in the network section there is a folder I forgot what its called that you can make a Symbolic Link too.
    If you just want an icon add an Launcher and put /usr/bin/chestnut-dialer -i gtk2 as the target.

Lets see, oh and yes console and terminal are the same thing
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..