Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was not sure if I could post this here, since it may not be software related. My Dell MODEL NUmber HP U2106F3 fails to display anything on monitor. Monitor ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Solved No video out on Dell hp u2106F3

I was not sure if I could post this here, since it may not be software related. My Dell MODEL NUmber HP U2106F3 fails to display anything on monitor. Monitor works ok with other computer. Power supply and CPU fan come on, I get beeps when I unplug memory modules. I plugged in a good HD. I have both a Dv port and standard monitor port. I am using the standard monitor port. Do I have to enable any jumpers to use the respective monitor port? This computer was purchased from a State Surplus sale, so I do not know the history behind it. It does have a Pentium 4.-2.6. Is there any way I can rule out the Processor as the culprit?
    The DV..card is replaceble, if the standard monitor port goes out, is it possible the DV port is still good, if I get a DV capable monitor? Frank

Problem solved

I took my computer to the local Flea Market and a guy selling computers let me test my DV output with a DV monitor. It did not work, on my computer. He then took out my DV card from my Dell computer, plugged in a conventional monitor, (dont remember the correct name), and the monitor worked. I brought my computer home and now regular monitor works. My conclusion is the DV card was bad, and tying up the resources for my regular monitor connection, and was the source of the problem.
    Last edited by frank56; 10-31-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot to add more info

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by frank56 View Post
    I was not sure if I could post this here, since it may not be software related. My Dell MODEL NUmber HP U2106F3 fails to display anything on monitor. Monitor works ok with other computer. Power supply and CPU fan come on, I get beeps when I unplug memory modules. I plugged in a good HD. I have both a Dv port and standard monitor port. I am using the standard monitor port. Do I have to enable any jumpers to use the respective monitor port? This computer was purchased from a State Surplus sale, so I do not know the history behind it. It does have a Pentium 4.-2.6. Is there any way I can rule out the Processor as the culprit?
    The DV..card is replaceble, if the standard monitor port goes out, is it possible the DV port is still good, if I get a DV capable monitor? Frank
    I did some web searches using the HP U2106F3 and i got :

Dell Optiplex GX270 210W Power Supply P/N HP-U2106F3.

To get informations about your computer, it's better to use the serial number and possibly the model number that are supposed to be printed on the motherboard.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by frank56 View Post
    ... Monitor works ok with other computer ... I have both a Dv port and standard monitor port. I am using the standard monitor port.
    Have u tried other computer's monitor with your computer. I mean, if I know that my monitor works fine with my computer, and I plug it on your computer and it's not working, then the monitor's port maybe dead.

chris81