Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am trying to install ARM tollchain in my GCC. But i am not getting to install correctly. When i try to compile an u boot image i am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

ARM tollchain support

Hello,
    I am trying to install ARM tollchain in my GCC. But i am not getting to install correctly. When i try to compile an u boot image i am getting the following errors in last few lines ..

Code:
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ariem/Desktop/u-boot-200901-lange51/tools'
    make -C examples all
    make[1]: execvp: /home/ariem/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/lib/gcc: Permission denied
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ariem/Desktop/u-boot-200901-lange51/examples'
    /bin/sh: /home/ariem/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/lib/gcc: is a directory
    dirname: missing operand
    Try `dirname --help' for more information.
    /bin/sh: /home/ariem/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/lib/gcc: is a directory
    dirname: missing operand
    Try `dirname --help' for more information.
    /home/ariem/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/lib/gcc  -Os   -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -ffixed-r8 -msoft-float   -D__KERNEL__ -DTEXT_BASE=0x97800000 -I/home/ariem/Desktop/u-boot-200901-lange51/include -fno-builtin -ffreestanding -nostdinc -isystem  -pipe  -DCONFIG_ARM -D__ARM__   -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -c -o hello_world.o hello_world.c
    make[1]: execvp: /home/ariem/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/lib/gcc: Permission denied
    make[1]: *** [hello_world.o] Error 127
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ariem/Desktop/u-boot-200901-lange51/examples'
    make: *** [examples] Error 2
    ariem@ariem-desktop:~/Desktop/u-boot-200901-lange51$
    what will be the error. can anyone tell me. i think the path exported is wrong. please help me
    Thanks in advance...

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    i think the path exported is wrong. please help me
    I think you are correct. The compiler is probably in the "/home/ariem/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/lib/gcc" directory, but your makefile is likely thinking that "/home/ariem/CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/lib/gcc" is the compiler and not the location of the compiler. Look at your make files to see if this is the case. Other than that suggestion, you do not provide enough information to go further.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!