Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I've finially got my USB DWL-122 working after upgrading to Mandrake 10.1, and using linux-wlan, but I now have a problem. I've sucessfully connected to the internet, but after ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Internet in Mandrake 10.1

Hello!

I've finially got my USB DWL-122 working after upgrading to Mandrake 10.1, and using linux-wlan, but I now have a problem.

I've sucessfully connected to the internet, but after a few minutes, it died.

I restart Linux, and I can only get the net back by running make all, make install, and tail /var/log/messages -f.

And sometimes the net works for a while and drops of, or is super slow(it says my wireless connection is up, but it the browser never loads the page)

Can I have this done at startup?

and, can anyone help figure out what could be set up wrong?

Thanks!

what exactly happens when the internet dies? what does it say? and what would you like done at startup?
    -lakerdonald

Just Joined!
    That's ok, i've got it running perfectly now!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    just curious, what did you do to make it work?

Just Joined!
    First, I restarted my computer, and put the device in to my USB2.0 slot. Then everytime at start up it automatically connects me to the net..after which 15 minutes later it still dies

Just Joined!
    OK, i've got more data on this problem....

I think it may have something to do with my USB ports. I've got USB 1.1 and USB2 ports. When I start Linux and watch the console readouts on the boot screen, it tells me that my wlan device is found and the network is connected ok. That's when the net works.

Then after a few minutes or seconds after booting is complete, it drops off. When I restart, it then tells me that my USB adapter cannot be found, and the network cannot be loaded.

The same thing also happens with some USB Flash drives I have, sometimes they load on boot , sometimes they dont.

I know mu USB ports work properly, as the Adapter works fine in Win2000.

Is there some thing I need to get for Linux to fix USB support in Linux Mandrake 10.1? Or is there some BIOS settings I need to turn on?

Thank you

Just Joined!

Wireless Internet Sharing

Also... if you wanted to share EVDO over WIFI or just broadcast your IP address to a it guy... http://wireless-internet-broadband-service.com has utilities that will let you do it right away...