Find the answer to your Linux question:
I work as a geologist picking horizons all day long. I use a linux box with interpretation software. It would save me a lot of time if there was a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Programmable gaming mouse for linux

I work as a geologist picking horizons all day long. I use a linux box with interpretation software. It would save me a lot of time if there was a mouse, compatible with red hat that has programmable buttons. I switch between keyboard keys all day long for interpretational purposes. If i could just hit mouse keys that are programmed to keyboard keys that would save me tons of time.

So the queston, is there a programmable mouse out there that is compatible with linux. I know logitech is compatible with linux cause i use a gaming mouse to interpret. But i need the associated software so i can program mouse buttons for keyboard keys. Does anyone know?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by geotastic View Post
    is there a programmable mouse out there that is compatible with linux. I know logitech is compatible with linux cause i use a gaming mouse to interpret. But i need the associated software so i can program mouse buttons for keyboard keys.
    Welcome to the forums!

I don't know that it would suit your needs, but if you haven't already done so you can check out lomoco to see if it might be of use to you:

lomoco - Logitech Mouse Control
    oz