Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi im experiencing an error when i try to eject my cdrom drive when i have a cd in it. this error only occurs when i try to manually eject ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

cd/dvd rom drive error

hi im experiencing an error when i try to eject my cdrom drive when i have a cd in it. this error only occurs when i try to manually eject the cd if i burn a cd when it ejects it fine, and if i go into my file manager and click eject it gives me the disc back the error message i recieve is this

failed to eject "/org/freedesktop/hal/devices/storage_model_DVDRW_LH_20A1P"

Given device "/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/storage_model_DVDRW_LH_20A1P" is not a volume or drive.

I only see this as a minor annoyance because i can still right click and eject the disc but any help would be appreciated.

Hi there.
    A quick Google search, turns up a lot of results. Which Distro version and which Desktop are you using? It could be a bug.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

my distro is moonos and im using e17 i checked the website for moonos and they said that they use ubuntu to power it . dont know if this helps or not.

Thank you for your quick reply

Well, I don't know anything about Moonos, and very little about E17. You might try digging through that Google search link that I listed previously, see if you can find anything that might help you. Sorry I couldn't be more of an assistant. I guess you could always just overlook the minor glitch if you want to keep using Moonos.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

i probably will just ignore the glitch and i also posted this so that other users could be informed