Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I have a strange problem with my printer, a Lexmark E120. The details of the system: - linux mint 7 with xfce - printer is connected to an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Printer error on second job

Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with my printer, a Lexmark E120. The details of the system:
    - linux mint 7 with xfce
    - printer is connected to an asus wl-520gu router that has print server capabilities (the router always did a good job when printing from windows so I assume it has no problems)
    - I configured the printer using system-config-printer 1.1.3 that comes with the distribution

I tried more than one driver with this tool but every time with the same result: the first job that I print, regardless of how many pages or copies of the document I print, comes out great. On the second job the printer will only print the first 1-2 rows of the document and then after the page comes out, it flashes the error led.

If I turn off the printer and then start it again the first job will print well again, second will fail.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? Any help appreciated.

Just Joined!

Solved

I found the problem, I was using the wrong protocol (AppSocket/HP JetDirect) while the wl-520gu router works with LPR/LPD protocol with the following URI: lpd://192.168.1.1/lp