Find the answer to your Linux question:
What is the most sure fire way to make a connection to a circuit printed on plastic? I need to run a pair of wires to an external switch....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

circuit connection

What is the most sure fire way to make a connection to a circuit printed on plastic?
    I need to run a pair of wires to an external switch.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You need to connect some wires to a PC board, and the substrait is plastic? I hope you have really good soldering skills...

In any case, you need a good low temperature solder and iron. My grandson is an expert at this stuff, but myself I'd probably melt the board.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux User

circuit connection

Yes, I have good skills and have done things like that but not being infallible I have a few failures.
    Actually I have been thinking to span the printed circuit at appropriate points with cyanoacrylate and shim brass the slipping a #26 wire or shim brass (possibly folded) underneath the bridge. Because the case has raised ribs of stiff plastic forming a grid with crossings below the buttons, I think the arrangement might be held in place by friction. There may be better methods and am hoping someone has found one better than this or soldering. By the way I found soldering to this requires quickness, considerable prior planning, and a wet paper towel to dissipate heat works (sometimes).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Yes, I think a wet paper towel over the board with just a little hole where the wire is to be attached would work ok. Use a good low-temperature solder. Here's the Wikipedia page on solder with a good characteristics chart: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Solder
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!