Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm searching for either small notebooks or net books with SSD's and having a hard time comming up with any. Am I missing something here? Any suggestions? Thanks...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oxf
    Linux Newbie

Solid State Drives

I'm searching for either small notebooks or net books with SSD's and having a hard time comming up with any. Am I missing something here? Any suggestions?
    Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm pretty sure that Dell offers the option to go SSD on their Inspiron Mini 10 netbooks if you want it.
    oz

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Dell offers the option to go SSD on their Inspiron Mini 10 netbooks if you want it.
    Yes that's what I thought but from what I can see they no longer do. But I'm told you you can replace a SATA interface HD with a SSD. I didn't realise that and that changes things a bit.

So my new question for anyone that cares to answer is this. Netbooks and battery life? The published specs are a bit misleading and I get confused whether it means with a 3 cell or 6 cell etc. So recomendations for best times and I'll take it from there..

While I onlu own a EEE 900 which gives me about 3.5 hours running AntiX (I have the small battery)

I hear real good battery life times with

The difference between the Asus Eee PC 1005P and 1005PE
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Oh and if you are looking for a good deal. I bought mine refurbished for $169.00 from

mwave.com

Ozar and TBob. I am not spamming. Just recommending.

I am not spamming them. Just letting you know that when I bought my refurbished 900. I have had it for a long time now. Dogs have knocked off the table (4 foot drop) to a tiled floor. No breakage what so ever.

Came with recovery DVDs and all Books and packaged like new. Lots of EEEpc users have good things to say about these guys. And they have SSD EEEPc still available and I am prewtty sure they ship worldwide also.

Just a heads up is all this post is. I very rarely refer a seller but these guys are legit.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I got my wife a Toshiba N205 last year w/ 250GB disc and its battery (6 or 9 cells - don't remember which) has a good 10 hour active run time.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I have an Acer aspire 1 netbook, but to say that I really think the battery life is great, no.

Maybe that's because I've got a full laptop which beats it by an hour easily (my big machine does 4-5 hours, normal usage, such as browsing, editing text, playing music, and 2-3 on optical drive + video and software compilation, all at the same time, which I would call heavy load, on standard battery, which is with all the power saving features in place).

I've got Ubuntu on my netbook, which works fine. I just don't like the system as much as I did when I purchased it, (in how it compares to my larger laptop15,4")