Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm a new Mandriva user,and have no clue about Linux system,but to be honest I don't want to use Windows product anymore. So I got the Mandriva 1 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy ATI Radeon HD4670 Driver

Hi all,

I'm a new Mandriva user,and have no clue about Linux system,but to be honest I don't want to use Windows product anymore.
    So I got the Mandriva 1 Spring Gnome,and installed it on my DELL Optiplex Desktop,works fine and very fast,therefore I decided to do the same with my Studio XPS 1640,but after I got a dark screen,so I used an external display(My TV) then realized that it doesn't support the video card on it ( ATI Radeon HD4670 ),and I don't know what to do .
    So seeking your help all.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You can set the system to use the generic VESA driver and it will probably work, though not as well as a native driver for things like hi-res/hi-def displays and full-motion video. However, you can go to the AMI web site and see if they have a proprietary driver for that board.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!