Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm working on a friend's computer, and I'm having many problems. During windows boot the usb keyboard and mouse will not function. The keyboard works in the bios and i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Drivers into linux for windows?

I'm working on a friend's computer, and I'm having many problems. During windows boot the usb keyboard and mouse will not function. The keyboard works in the bios and i put linux in, and the everything works fine.

I'm assuming the usb drivers may have been corrupted? So the only way i know how to solve the problem would be to use linux to install the drivers? Is this possible?

Originally the problem was the cd-dvd was not working so we replaced it.. now the usb's do not work.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Windows problems - call Microsoft. Linux problems, ask us...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

So the only way i know how to solve the problem would be to use linux to install the drivers? Is this possible?
    It's not possible because both OSes are entirely different. Linux uses entirely different method to handle devices.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First