Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've been having a problem with my mouse ever since installing Ubuntu. I'm using a built in laptop mouse. Whenever I'm using a scroll bar, the mouse seems to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Mouse / Scroll Bar problems

Hi,

I've been having a problem with my mouse ever since installing Ubuntu. I'm using a built in laptop mouse. Whenever I'm using a scroll bar, the mouse seems to become attached to it. When I leave the scroll bar, the mouse seems to be attached to it, dragging the page up or down. Sometimes it does that even when I've been typing after using the scroll bar. I've heard a 3-button mouse is commonly used with Linux. Is that what I need, or is there some other way I can fix it? Thank you much.

Jim

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I've had that happen to me occasionally also. I think there is a button-press combination that "sticks" the mouse to the scroll bar. I just haven't taken the time to figure it out. Usually, pressing the escape key will release it, at least for me on Ubuntu 9.04.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Newbie
    Hi Rubberman,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I haven't quite figured out what I'm doing that causes it. I might be brushing the mouse pad with my thumb or something while I'm scrolling, which makes it hook up. It might be my mouse, too, because I've noticed it will do it once in a while in Windows, also. Thanks again.

Jim

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close