Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an email server that I think is about to have a hard drive fail. It is running an old install of Redhat 9.0 I think. It has 2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Replace 2 old drives for 2 bigger drives

I have an email server that I think is about to have a hard drive fail.
    It is running an old install of Redhat 9.0 I think. It has 2 120gb hard drives mirrored as a raid1. I want to copy those to a new pair of 500gb hard drives again as the same disk raid1 mirror.

What tool would work for this? DD or partimage? Would it all be exactly the same and boot up still?

oz
    forum.guy
    clonezilla, dd, fsarchiver, partclone, or partimage should work, and i'm thinking all are capable of duplicating a raid setup, but could be wrong.

partimage is probably the easiest of the bunch to work with if you aren't familiar with them.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I will go with Partimage. After I copy each 120gb disk to the new 500gb disk I will resize the partitions to the max size. Will this kill the Raid 1 mirror?

oz
    forum.guy
    I've not used PartImage with a RAID setup so can't say for sure, but you can check this HowTo for some instructions that might help on getting the task accomplished:

Crazed Mule Productions: using partimage with RAID
    oz