Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have just had the worst experience with a company that presumable does business in Sydney but is based in NZ. Their attitude was so bad its almost like they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

data recovery

I have just had the worst experience with a company that presumable does business in Sydney but is based in NZ.
    Their attitude was so bad its almost like they were doing me a favor and not have to solve the data issue.
    It was a feeling of being held to ransom.
    But as I needed the data had to yield to their firm demands.

They were more concerned about corporate customers than individuals. I say if you can't help recovery data, corporate or individuals the hard drive is a hard drive. It has no status besides the extra monetary outlay. The job is the same.

Its not like their prices were cheap either.
    I went with the presumption that perhaps they charge extra for their expertise but given the amount of data collected and the monetary outlay. It was perhaps the worst solve in my entire history of dealing with people.
    The website info I find a bit of hit and miss.
    In order to promote a company these days I guess people talk the talk but when it comes to actually doing the work. I find it pretty much like the govt of the day. Promises but no delivery.

You come across a 1800 number. Think again

I'm still looking for someone who can genuinely help me recover serious data?
    Any ideas or good experiences?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Some more pertinent information about your problem, your system, your discs (make/model/filesystem), etc. would be useful in determining if we can help you or not. I do data recovery professionally for my consulting clientel, so I have had some experience with this.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Great to hear that Rubberman
    Just some pointers - to add more - I know a carlo wood does ext3 recovery Carlo Wood's Home Page for companies. I don't know whether he still doing it.
    HOWTO undelete removed files and directories on an ext3 file system
    you can also get help from both Rubberman,Carlo wood.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org