Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I boot, apparently any Linux (Ubuntu and CloneZilla), I see the letters Code: ^]]B scroll pass, over and over again. This represents the down key as when I try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Down button remains pressed

When I boot, apparently any Linux (Ubuntu and CloneZilla), I see the letters
    Code:
     ^]]B
    scroll pass, over and over again. This represents the down key as when I try to do anything the down key is held down. This occurs during boot on Ubuntu (once I get to the login screen it stops and does not happen). This does not happen at the GRUB screen or in Windows. It also occurs during the entire CloneZilla process and Ubuntu alternative install process (making both of these impossible)

I can't find any reason for this to happen and have been using both CloneZilla and Ubuntu for a long time before this happened. Does anyone know what I could try to fix this.

NOTE: Ubuntu no longer boots.

Just Joined!
    Have you tried another keyboard? Sounds like the key IS stuck. Or just unplug the keyboard when you get to that point. See if it the system or the keyboard.

Just Joined!
    Hey, thanks for the idea, except I forgot to say that I have a laptop. So I can't really unplug the keyboard. I will try a new keyboard and see how that goes.

Can you borrow a keyboard ? Rather than go and buying one if you then discover that's not the issue.
    LINUX: Where do you want to go.......Tomorrow!

Registered Linux user 396633

Just Joined!
    I will try to get my brothers keyboard tonight. Except I won't be able to disconect my internal laptop keyboard, will this affect it? Or will it disable if I connect an external keyboard?

Just Joined!
    I tried with a second keyboard, except the internal laptop keyboard remains connected and the down key is still pressed. So I don't know if its the keyboard or the system.

Try another live distro like OpenSUSE which is Rehat & not Debian based and see if the problem persists. If no, then it's driver related, if yes, then it's a hardware problem.

Just Joined!
    I instaled OpenSUSE yesturday and whenever text scrolled passed the screen, during boot or power off, the symbol still appears. So it's a hardware problem, that only happens at low level runtimes.

I'm afraid then I wouldn't be able to offer any further assistance but maybe there's someone else on this forum who can because I don't know if it's possible to disable a laptop's built-in keyboard via the BIOS and you should be very careful what you do in the BIOS. If you are going to try,may sure you can safely reverse it afterward if it all goes horribly wrong.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help. I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure you can't disable the keyboard from the BIOS and I don't think it would end well. I might talk to some tech guys and get them to take a look at it. I don't want to screw up the hardware